You can transfer your domain to the Digital Web Leprechauns™ (and we’d love it if you did!) but it’s not necessary to do so if you just want to host your web site with us. To host your website with the Leprechauns, you need to contact your current registrar and point the domain name server addresses to us. This action will not transfer your domain registration, it will simply point your domain to the correct server where it is hosted. We’re hoping you might want do both, which will get you an extra year of registration if you transfer your domain to us and sign up for a hosting plan.
How to initiate a Domain Register transfer and setup hosting services with Digital Web Leprechauns™
Here’s what we need from you:
- > The new or current registrant name, address, phone and email.
> The new or current Admin name, address, phone and email. The Admin should be a person who is knowledgeable about the registering organization or business and has a working email address.
> A billing contact for registration (which ideally will also be the hosting billing contact for your hosting account with us). Include organization or business name, mailing address, phone and working email address.
> A technical contact, which is typically one of our Leprechauns O’Rountree. The technical contact is the person who can make changes to the DNS servers. The Control Panel you will have access to will also allow you to make DNS changes. If you want to have someone other than O’Rountree, please provide the details for that person, i.e. name, address, phone and email.
> A desired username and password for the Control Panel website. If you wish we can assign a random password and provide it to you.>Your desired payment method. (check or credit card), and billing cycle (monthly, quarterly or annually). If you choose credit card, your account will be debited automatically on the billing cycle you choose.
- > The recurring fee for basic hosting on Linux, for example is $13.85 monthly, $41.55 quarterly, or $155.20 annually. Set up fees for this service is $41.00, discounted for annual prepayment. If you are ordering a different service level other than Basic Linux hosting please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the recurring fees.
The Transfer of your domain will usually go something like this:
- > The losing registrar provides a transfer code to the registrant (or to you if you’re the registrant on record) who then provides it to us.
- > We create a Control Panel account.
- > During the creation of the Control Panel, we initiate the domain transfer process using the authorization code received from you or your registrant.
- > We configure the web server, mail servers, DNS servers, statistical servers, etc. for the domain.
- > The gaining registrar (eNom) will notify the losing registrar of the transfer request. One or both of the registrars will contact you or your registrant using the email address on the domain record. The email will likely have instructions for specific actions that you or your registrant must perform to complete the transfer.
- > One or both of the registrars will also likely contact, by email, whoever is named (if there is one) the new Registrant or possibly the new Admin Contact. This email may also contain specific instructions that the new registrant or Admin Contact MUST follow to complete the transaction. You should forward all these emails to email@example.com to complete the actions on your behalf.
- > You will receive one or more automatically generated emails from our Control Panel servers. One will be an invoice and the other will contain username/password information.
- > You will then be able to logon to your Control Panel and begin setting up your web site. We will provide a Control Panel user’s guide to you if you have any questions or run into any problems. You can also open a trouble ticket in your Control Panel, which notifies our support staff that you have a problem. We will then take steps to resolve your trouble ticket.
- > Most of the times you will need the cooperation of the current registrant OR we can work directly with your registrant.
If you need assistance in any way getting your domain transferred, contact us for prompt 24/7 support: 1-888-222-8485