What is SEO? SEO or Search Engine Optimization is an activity that attempts to improve search engine rankings on search engine sites such as Google.
Online Business owner; here are 6 reasons why you should invest in Organic SEO.
- Everything is still in place Key words, text based content and traditional static links still work in search engine rankings. We have seen SEO standards change (Google as example) but the methods themselves remain sound.
- Much better ROI Compared to the investment you may be making for online AdWords, cost per click advertising, marketing on different social media channels or buying email marketing leads, comparably speaking, SEO continues to provide fairly good ROI. Paid methods do work, and does increase website traffic and revenue. However, for several reasons SEO placement will continue to be, in many ways, the cornerstone of your online presence.
- The Yellow pages are obsolete The numbers of people checking online reviews prior to purchase increases daily, and before you know it everyone will search for products and services online. If you are not listed on search engines, potential customers may not be able to locate your business, which is bad for business.
- The Rise of the cell phone user Online searches performed by Mobile devices are steadily gaining over traditional desktop device searches. People seem to love portability and convenience. So don’t miss this growing opportunity. Make sure your website is using a responsive design and Mobile SEO techniques such as local search optimization.
- Who are you, really? Your online presence is part of a changing technology; what worked 5 years ago, now not so much. Websites are indexed differently, using different algorithms (but everything you used before still works, see #1) to keep pace with programs and applications that didn’t exist a few years ago. Social media markers are now given high importance in terms of their impact on your SEO rankings. It’s in your own interest to build a strong content profile using all available means to do so. A Facebook business page can be just as important as your business website when it comes to SEO.
- And you have competition SEO should stand for “Start everything over” because it’s a never-ending process. SEO is something that needs constant attention; don’t lose ground. You can hire an “Expert”, or DIY. Either way when it comes to SEO, it’s definitely a worthwhile investment.